What we are looking for
As a Full-stack Developer you will be responsible for maintaining and improving our web applications with a focus on creating new functionality and features from cool and challenging designs. You will need to be able to stick to a plan and balance in finding the best ways to provide a functional product in a less amount of time.
- Maintaining and improving existing applications.
- Evolving existing applications in order to support new features.
- Integrating our applications with external systems/applications.
Skills and Attributes
- Well organised and quality driven
- Pro-active and capable to think out of the box to deal with uncertainty
- The ability to interact with the team, thoughtful code reviews, and generally being a team player.
- Deep awareness of browser quirks and compatibility issues
- NoSQL databases and relational databases, particularly MongoDB, Redis, and PostgreSQL
- Working knowledge of GIT distributed version-control system
- Passionate about clean and well-documented code
Nice to have
- Experience with WebSockets and real-time web
- Experience with TDD (test-driven development)
- Experience with jQuery or similar
- Knowledge of Web API’s (local storage, IndexedDB)
- Knowledge of ES6/Typescript
- Working knowledge of Webpack or similar task runners (Gulp, Grunt, Parcel, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Scrum/Agile methodologies
- A love of Open Source software