What we are looking for
We are looking for an energetic and highly motivated person to join our team as a Data Engineer. The aim of the role will be to expand and optimize our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. You will report directly to the Head of Technology and work closely with our software developers, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.Our teams are working in a dynamic, fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
What you’ll do
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture;
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and optionally NoSQL
- Help building analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Help build data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Analytical and statistical profile
- Business orientated;
- Creative person in order to design promotional plans and automated communication flows;
What you’ll need experience
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field;
- 2 or plus years of SQL experience, query authoring as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases;
- Experience building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Ability in managing and communicating data warehouse plans to internal clients;
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets;
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement;
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
You’ll Get Extra Credits for
- Ideally you are fluent in English;
- Knowledge of programming languages like Python;
- You have deep analytical skills and learn quickly;
- Strong project management and organizational skills;
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets;
- You like to take on responsibility and can work independently;
- Ability to streamline functions and passion to learn and grow;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Fixed salary + Meal allowance
- EatTasty food credit (if you’re based in Lisbon/Porto/Madrid);
- Private health insurance;
- Flexible working hours – as long as you show results (remote role);
- Free access for Udemy for Business;
- Access to our Stok Options Plan;
- A fast startup environment with constant and consistent learning